Lymph node cancer symptoms are best to be diagnosed in the early stage due to its dangerous effects. Lymph node cancer or lymphoma is a cancer that attacks the lymphatic system. In the lymphatic system there is a milky fluid containing protein and fat that flows throughout the body lymphocytes pass through the blood vessels. Lymph node cancer is divided into two, namely Hodgkin’s lymphoma and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.
Hodgkin’s lymphoma symptoms
Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a type of cancer that is characterized by swelling of the lymph nodes, but not painless. This swelling usually occurs due to a virus or bacteria. Swelling is the cause of these lymph node cancer, would interfere with the production of normal cells in lymph nodes. Then the abnormal cells will continue to grow rapidly and become cancer cells in the lymphoid system. Symptoms of Hodgkin’s lymphoma are:
- Fever with chills – Fever is caused due to impaired immune system and the fever in response that there is something wrong in our bodies.
- Enlargement occurred at the lymph nodes (under the armpits, neck, and groin)
- Swelling that occurs is not accompanied by pain –Swelling that occurs is usually caused by viruses or bacteria, and the longer it will grow if left in place for granted.
- Lack of appetite –Lymph node cancer can also affect the appetite of the patient.
- Sweating at night
- Weight loss –Weight loss is decreased due to a lack of appetite and body cannot absorb nutrients from food properly.
- Sometimes accompanied by respiratory disorders
Respiratory disorders will appear when the cancer cells have begun to creep into the respiratory system and cancer cells present in the lymph nodes in the neck
Non Hodgkin’s lymphoma symptoms
Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma is a type of lymphoma that is increasingly fierce. Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma derived from lymph nodes and other lymph tissue. The risk of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma will increase with age. Usually the disease attacks people over the age of 60 years. Symptoms of non Hodgkin’s lymphoma are:
- Swelling in the neck, armpit or groin
- Weight loss – Weight loss will be reduced without any apparent cause. Or because the body cannot absorb food properly diet.
- Sweat profusely at night
- Difficulty breathing, or pain in the chest – Lymphoma usually also appear on the neck and interfere with the respiratory system, causing the patient to experience difficulty breathing and chest pains.
- Pain, swelling or feeling fullness in the stomach
Lymph node cancer symptoms and types must be soon founded to get the best treatment of the cancers.